Links to activities in Keswick & nearby Lake District
Keswick is ideally situated for touring the Lake District, and Highfield is perfectly placed being only an easy five minute stroll from the Town Centre and the Lake. There are lots of good walks right on the doorstep without having the need to venture out in the car, ask a member of the team at Highfield to lend you one of our many walking guides.
If you are planning a short break at Highfield and not sure what’s available in the area, we have listed below some of the activities and trips that are available:
- Keswick Launch – cruise or hire a boat to explore the Lake.
Derwentwater Foreshore, Keswick. 017687 72263
- Off Road Quad Bike Treks – Great fun and fantastic scenery.
Derwent bay, Keswick. 01768772862
- Theatre by The Lake – check what’s on.
Lakeside, Lake Rd, Keswick. 017687 74411
- The World of Beatrix Potter – Official home of Peter Rabbit and his friends.
Hill Top, near Sawyer – former home of Beatrix Potter
- Nichol End Marine – Outdoor experiences on water and fell.
Nichol End Marine, Portinscale, Keswick. 017687 73082
- Honister Slate Mine – Award-winning slate mine tour.
Honister Pass, Borrowdale, Keswick. 017687 77230
- Rookin House – Equestrian & Activity Centre including clay pigeon shooting.
Troutbeck, Ullswater, Penrith. 017684 83561
- Whinlatter – Go Ape, Cafe, Forest Segway, Beautiful Walks.
Whinlatter Pass, Keswick. 08450 949786
- Keswick Climbing Wall and Outdoor Activity Centre
Goosewell Farm, Keswick. 017687 72000
- Lakes Distillery – Guided tours of distillery & bistro.
Sethmurphy, Near Bassenthwaite 017687 88850
- E-Venture – Electric Bike hire.
Elliot Park, Keswick. 07783 822722
- Hope Park – a visit to Hope Park Games and Cafe is a must for all the family.
Hope Park, Keswick. 017687 73445
- Keswick Mountain Bikes – Bike Hire.
133 main st, Keswick. 017687 75202
- Cockermouth Golf Club – “Interesting course, incredible views, superb value” Golfshake Reviewer.
Embleton, Cockermouth, CA13 9SG. 017687 76941
- Keswick Golf Club – Stunning 18 hole golf course
Threlkeld Hall, Threlkeld, Keswick, CA12 4SX. 017687 79324
- Activus Travel – Guide tour of the Lake District.
“An excellent stay, best in Keswick so far.”
– Weekender Club, Bolton